Patch formatting:

Tomi Ollila tomi.ollila at nixu.com
Tue Aug 30 22:49:55 PDT 2011

On Wed 31 Aug 2011 08:22, Tomi Ollila <tomi.ollila at iki.fi> writes:

> On Wed 31 Aug 2011 04:33, Jameson Graef Rollins
> <jrollins at finestructure.net> writes:

>> Yeah, I'm not sure why/how that keeps getting lost.
>>
>> Just use git send-email!  It takes care of everything.
>
> Ok I change the order to prefer send-email (and drop/modify "obsolete"
> stuff).
>
> I have to check git-send-email documentation as every shell on various
> linuxes give me this:
>
> $ git --version
> git version 1.7.3.4
> $ git send-email
> git: 'send-email' is not a git command. See 'git --help'.

$ yum search git | grep .-email
git-email.noarch : Git tools for sending email

$ apt-cache search git | grep .-email
git-email - fast, scalable, distributed revision control system (email add-on)

Maybe I start that 'git-email' is a separate package in
debian/ubuntu/fedora, and when compiling git from sources... you're
on your own; It requires a few perl modules possibly not installed by
default ;/

>> jamie.
>
> Thanks for comments,
>
> Tomi