Patch formatting:

Tomi Ollila tomi.ollila at iki.fi
Tue Aug 30 22:22:48 PDT 2011

On Wed 31 Aug 2011 04:33, Jameson Graef Rollins <jrollins at finestructure.net> writes:

> On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 21:22:15 -0400, Austin Clements <amdragon at mit.edu> wrote:
>> I would say start right off with git send-email, since it takes care
>> of every single formatting guideline and also makes it easy to send
>> entire patch series.  It seems like the most beginner-friendly way to
>> send patches, while at the same time serving power-patchers well.
>
> Yeah, I'm not sure why/how that keeps getting lost.
>
> Just use git send-email!  It takes care of everything.

Ok I change the order to prefer send-email (and drop/modify "obsolete"
stuff).

I have to check git-send-email documentation as every shell on various
linuxes give me this:

$ git --version
git version 1.7.3.4
$ git send-email
git: 'send-email' is not a git command. See 'git --help'.

> jamie.

Thanks for comments,

Tomi