Fix for emacs 24

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Fri Aug 26 05:46:27 PDT 2011

On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 11:12:36 -0600, richardmurri at gmail.com wrote:
> Emacs added another parameter to the send mail functions.  This caused
> emacs to error out.

>  (defun notmuch-mua-mail (&optional to subject other-headers continue
> -				   switch-function yank-action send-actions)
> +				   switch-function yank-action send-actions
> +				   return-action)

Thanks for sending a patch. I'm sure we need lots of help to get notmuch
working well with emacs24. Some comments about your patch

- It would be nice to have a bit more informative single line summary to
  start the patch.

- I don't really understand from the long commit message what problem
  this fixes. I take it some function outside of notmuch is calling
  notmuch-mua-mail?

- The convention on the notmuch list is to use "git send-email" if you
  can. This makes it easier to apply patches.  Any discussion not meant
  to be part of the commit message can go after the --- at the end of the
  commit message (and I admit that isn't very obvious).

Thanks again, and welcome to the team ;)