gmail syncing sort of working

Thu Aug 18 00:33:26 PDT 2011

On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 19:31:36 -0700, Alex Botero-Lowry <alex.boterolowry at gmail.com> wrote:
> p.s. I also ran into an issue with the notmuch python bindings where I had
> to wrap every c_void_p in POINTER() or it would segfault for any method that
> tried to use a pointer. Also the sed command that tries to build notmuch.sym
> doesn't work on freebsd, i changed it to work, but i'm pretty sure it won't
> work on linux anymore. :) I wonder if using ctags might actually work for
> that.

Can someone with experience on python's ctypes comment on that? I read
the terse documentation and tutorial on ctypes, and it doesn't say that
one shouldn't be able to use c_void_p as a pointer, and it doesn't
really say how using POINTER could change things (it seems to create a
new pointer type, but I fail to see why that should help?)

That having said, if you provide a patch, I'll be applying it if it
fixes things.

Sebastian