priorities for 0.7

Austin Clements amdragon at mit.edu
Sun Jul 10 09:34:30 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 12:55 PM, Jameson Graef Rollins
<jrollins at finestructure.net> wrote:
> - notmuch-new atomicity:
>
>  id:"1307822683-848-1-git-send-email-amdragon at mit.edu"
>
>  I believe that the above is that latest version of this series; Austin
>  can point us to the right one if it's not.  This is an important
>  series that is long overdue to be merged.  It should definitely be a
>  top priority.

id:"CAH-f9WvAFuVp-6u6tFgbcPEGW304wkGy=uhSOGhbNXd0m7H3mw at mail.gmail.com"
points to a rebased and slightly conflict-resolved update of this.

> - message/rfc822 part support:
>
>  id:"1307120466-4980-1-git-send-email-jrollins at finestructure.net"
>  id:"1307320169-29905-1-git-send-email-jrollins at finestructure.net"
>
>  rfc822 part handling is a bit broken now after the notmuch-show
>  rework.  The above patch series should have been included in 0.6 to
>  fix a couple of regressions.  In the meantime Austin and I have
>  started looking at further rework of notmuch-show to try to clean it
>  up even more.  This rework might supersedes these patches, but it
>  depends on how far we get.

For purely practical reasons, I'm not sure how to best proceed with
the further rework.  It almost completely rewrites notmuch-show.c, so
I would hate to have to maintain the patch series out of tree for any
real length of time.