When will we have our next release?

David Bremner bremner at unb.ca
Sat Jun 4 11:50:13 PDT 2011

On Sat, 04 Jun 2011 16:27:33 +0200, Xavier Maillard <xavier at maillard.im> wrote:

> I know it is a bit off topic here but just a question: how will you deal
> with dependencies ? I mean, when we need GMime vX.Y.Z and Debian has
> already vX.V.W ?

The same as every other Debian package? Try to persuade the maintainer
followed by uploading the new version ourselves if we run out of
patience.

To bring it back on topic (softof) I don't think anyone is suggesting
that the Debian packaging be any kind of gatekeeper in the release
process. I believe it is just that several of the people involved are
also involved with Debian, and tend to think Debian uploads as a natural
outcome of releasing software.