compile error of current git on F15

Jameson Graef Rollins jrollins at finestructure.net
Wed Jun 1 09:55:16 PDT 2011

On Wed, 01 Jun 2011 05:35:29 -0700, Dirk Hohndel <hohndel at infradead.org> wrote:
> This used to work and used to be supported and was broken in a recent
> notmuch patch.

Hey, Dirk.  I would actually say that support for gmime 2.6 was merely
coincidental up until now.  For all functionality we had been using, the
API in 2.4 and 2.6 was the same (the patch that you point to only
modifies the config file, not any of the code itself).  But the recent
crypto support uses the gmime 2.4 crypto API, which apparently has
changed in versions of gmime >2.4.

If you don't have access to gmime 2.4, then maybe you could look into
providing patches for gmime 2.6 support, or alternately into disabling
the notmuch functionality that does not work with gmime 2.6 if only 2.6
is available.

jamie.