problems with multipart/mixed

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue May 24 15:06:10 PDT 2011

On Tue, 24 May 2011 14:01:35 -0700, Dirk Hohndel <hohndel at infradead.org> wrote:
> Pulled the latest. Fixes the reply issue - but frequently gets emacs to
> dump core. Looking at the backtrace reminds me why I hate emace some
> times :-) - it appears to happen in a memmove - but everything else in
> the backtrave is useless

Yikes! That's definitely bad news. Let's coordinate off-list to see if I
can replicate that problem with the message you've got.

> Not an improvement.

Indeed not. The only previous cases we've hit where notmuch was reliably
crashing emacs was a buffer-overflow in emacs triggered by some giant
email messages (spam usually).

In that case, the emacs authors were really quick about finding and
fixing the bug. Will hope for something similar here once we can
replicate the problem.

-Carl