a python terminal gui?

Tue May 24 01:28:02 PDT 2011

On Fri, 20 May 2011 15:00:23 -0700, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> Is the name "cnotmuch" still current anywhere? Long ago, (perhaps a year
> ago last April when we incorporated the python bindings into the notmuch
> repository), we decided that the python bindings should be named
> "notmuch" rather than "cnotmuch".

Nah, should just be just "notmuch" nowadays. mmh, I *still* didn't get
to implement message_get_filenames... *sigh*

> I notice that notmuch/python/bindings/README does still mention
> "cnotmuch" in some of the explanatory text.

Ooops, leftovers. Someone fix it (or I might)

> (On a similar note, I also notice
> that this README doesn't provide installation instructions, nor is there
> anything like a "make install" target for the bindings. So this could
> probably be integrated more cleanly.)

Because it doesn't have to be installed to be used, you can use it in
place ;-). But yes, I'll explain how to do "python setup.py install" in
the README.

> Incidentally, the python-notmuch Debian package does provide "notmuch"
> rather than "cnotmuch".

Yes, notmuch is right.

Sebastian