[BUG] multipart ID of show != part

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon May 23 14:41:47 PDT 2011

On Mon, 23 May 2011 19:25:01 +0200, Matthias Guedemann <matthias.guedemann at ovgu.de> wrote:
> show produces this JSON:
>
> ^Lbody{
> ^Lpart{ ID: 1, Content-type: multipart/mixed
> ^Lpart{ ID: 2, Content-type: text/html
> whereas "notmuch part --part=2" produces this (the content of the
> ATT00001.c file):

It used to be that the "multipart" containers were not printed in
"notmuch show" (so they weren't counted). We recently began emitting
these, and counting them, but we neglected to update the "notmuch part"
code to count them equivalently.

I've just pushed a quick patch to "notmuch part" to fix this problem for
now.

Soon, we'll have a patch series from Jameson committed that replaces the
"notmuch part" command with "notmuch show --part". That will have the
advantage of implementing both pieces of functionality with one piece of
code, so that skew like this will no longer be possible.

Thanks for the report.

-Carl

carl.d.worth at intel.com