[BUG] multipart ID of show != part

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Mon May 23 10:51:03 PDT 2011

On 05/23/2011 01:25 PM, Matthias Guedemann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I found some problems with the multipart/mixed behavior of current
> master. I have several multipart mails where the html part is not
> displayed and a text/plain attachment is wrongly reported as text/html.
>
> I have no real insight into the inner workings of notmuch-show but have
> found this discrepancy between "notmuch show" and "notmuch part":

the part numbering and representations are in the middle of a major
reorganization; the part numbers should be normalized across all uses
(with the exception of decrypted messages, whose part numberings will
change based on a successful decryption) once the overhaul is done.

i believe that the "notmuch part" subcommand itself is likely to go away
in favor of a --part=X argument to "notmuch show".

We will ensure that the part numbering is correct, but i agree with you
that current master isn't there yet.

	--dkg