(auto-)tagging sent messages

Michael Radziej mir at spieleck.de
Sat Apr 16 15:44:06 PDT 2011

Hi Florian!

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 10:03:12 +0200, Florian Friesdorf <flo at chaoflow.net> wrote:
> Further, for certain mails I sent (like this one ) I would like a
> WAITING tag (or similar) in order to indicate that I am waiting for an
> answer. Currently I set this manually. Could this be achieved through
> some indicators via message mode or similar means? e.g.:

I use a X-Wait header (like X-Wait: 2, meaning to wait for 2 days). If
there is no activity in the thread within time, it receives additional tags
"late" and "inbox". If an answer to a waiting mail arrives, it receives a tag "expected".

Here's some python code that does the tagging (I haven't tested it):