Build system

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Sun Jan 30 03:14:39 PST 2011

On Sun, 30 Jan 2011 11:28:08 +0100, Thomas Schwinge <thomas at schwinge.name> wrote:
> OK -- I found the thread starting at
> id:"1258897630-22282-1-git-send-email-jeff at ocjtech.us", where this has
> been discussed already (as I should have expected).  ;-)

OK. Then I won't go through those answers again.

> Still, my point holds that (unless someone is willing to spend time on
> this, of course) we shouldn't try to replicate the Autotools, but instead
> keep our system as simple as it currently is, and thus just have it fail
> if configured outside of the source tree.

Oh, I agree that if we don't support this then we should give the user a
nice error message. But I think it will actually be very easy to add
support for this. (And at this point, I think the notmuch build system
is something that other projects could emulate if they want. I don't
think it's too crazt).

-Carl

carl.d.worth at intel.com