[ANN] notmuch-deliver

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Jan 28 12:48:33 PST 2011

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 12:46:38 +0100, Thomas Schwinge <thomas at schwinge.name> wrote:
> > What's the best way to advertise this to potential users?
>
> I recently put a description and link onto the notmuch web pages.

Great. Thanks for doing this.

> > Should we include a separate utils directory in the notmuch repository
> > with auxiliary programs like this?
>
> I wouldn't do so.  But that is not a very strong opinion of mine.

Well, your opinion matters quite a bit in a case like this where it's
your utility. I guess I was simply offering the "hosting" of the
repository if you thought it would be useful. I understand the desire to
keep things cleanly packaged separately.

> I'll also take the liberty to put stuff from the mailing list or IRC
> discussions into web pages, for we have to document this notmuch beast
> ;-), and it's better to have a generic place to refer people to, instead
> of discussing the same things more than once.

Yes! Please continue to improve the web pages, and everyone, please feel
free to grab useful stuff from the lists or IRC and stuff them into the
web pages.

Also, if things should get shoved into the notmuch man page, then we
should do that too.

-Carl

carl.d.worth at intel.com