About the json output and the number of results shown.

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Jan 28 12:27:42 PST 2011

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 19:46:29 +0100, Christophe-Marie Duquesne <chm.duquesne at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've had a look to the python libnotmuch documentation. My problem
> with this API is that, unless I did not read it correctly, if I use
> one of its functions in a threaded fashion, I still have to wait for
> this function to finish until I get results.

The search function should return very quickly (ore pretty close to that
anyway). It's only when you start iterating through the results that
there's a lot of time being spent in the library functions.

> When using the command
> line tool, I can process the text as it gets printed on stdout, and I
> have data to show to the user even though notmuch has not finished to
> output it...

This functionality of the command-line tool is implemented with the same
library functions you would call. So you should get exactly the same
behavior that you want by calling the library directly.

Please let us know if that's not the case.

-Carl

carl.d.worth at intel.com