Support for multiple filenames (in notmuch library)

Jameson Rollins jrollins at finestructure.net
Fri Nov 12 12:12:29 PST 2010

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 05:11:09 -0800, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> As part of my recent work to fix up the maildir-flags synchronization
> patches, I found myself needing to access the complete list of filenames
> for a given message. So I added the following, new public function to
> libnotmuch:
>
> 	notmuch_filenames_t *
> 	notmuch_message_get_filenames (notmuch_message_t *message);

Hey, Carl.  This is really great.  Thanks so much for getting this
working.

> Others want similar support in the command-line tools, (to show
> duplicate files rather than suppressing them). This would be fairly easy
> to add now. Does anyone have recommendations for suitable command-line
> arguments?
>
> 	notmuch search --with-duplicates
>
> Or something else??

I think this is definitely the way to go.  It at least makes sense from
my perspective, and then we could add a switch to the emacs ui to return
those messages so that those of us who wanted to could see them in our
search results.

Thanks again for all the great work.

jamie.