Support for multiple filenames (in notmuch library)

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Nov 11 05:11:09 PST 2010

As part of my recent work to fix up the maildir-flags synchronization
patches, I found myself needing to access the complete list of filenames
for a given message. So I added the following, new public function to
libnotmuch:

	notmuch_filenames_t *
	notmuch_message_get_filenames (notmuch_message_t *message);

This of course, works with the existing notmuch_filenames_valid,
notmuch_filenames_move_to_next, and notmuch_filenames_get functions to
allow iteration over all filenames for a message.

I know some people have been wanting support like this for some time.

Others want similar support in the command-line tools, (to show
duplicate files rather than suppressing them). This would be fairly easy
to add now. Does anyone have recommendations for suitable command-line
arguments?

	notmuch search --with-duplicates

Or something else??

Anyway, have fun with this.