[ANN] notmuch-deliver

Ali Polatel alip at exherbo.org
Mon Nov 8 14:26:10 PST 2010

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 09:50:46 -0800, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 26 May 2010 17:01:34 +0300, Ali Polatel <alip at exherbo.org> wrote:
> > notmuch-deliver is a maildir delivery tool for notmuch mail indexer. It
> > reads from standard input, delivers the mail to the specified maildir
> > and adds it to the notmuch database. This is meant as a convenient
> > alternative to running notmuch new after mail delivery.
>
> Thanks for sharing this, Ali.

You're welcome!

> What's the best way to advertise this to potential users?

Never thought about it honestly, I've just been using for sometime now
and I'm quite happy with the results.

> Should we include a separate utils directory in the notmuch repository
> with auxiliary programs like this?

Well, such programs should live in their own repositories. One big git
repository with everything in it is just against the idea of distributed
source control management imo.

> Or should we implement this functionality within the notmuch binary
> itself?

We can think about this when the tool gets enough testing in my opinion.
At this stage I don't think it's worth the hassle to include the
functionality into the notmuch binary itself, but this is my personal
opinion and I don't really know how many people in the outer-space uses
this program.

> I'm open to suggestions.

Oh well, I'm open to more vodka.

> If nothing else, the notmuchmail.org web page should grow a section to
> point to auxiliary programs like this that users might find helpful.

+1, but I won't be writing any documentation since I'm a mighty slacker.

> Thanks again,

You're welcome again!

--
Regards,