Adding support for "notmuch new ... PATH"

Rob Browning rlb at defaultvalue.org
Sat Oct 23 10:16:11 PDT 2010

I'm working on support for something like

  notmuch new [--] [PATH ..]

where PATH can be any path (file or dir) within the mail directory, and
I had a couple of questions:

  1) What happens if you call notmuch_database_add_message() for a path
     that's already in the database.  Is that OK?

  2) Does add_files_recursive() assume it always sees all paths?
     i.e. is it safe to call it with just a sub-directory of the mail
     directory?  I haven't finished investigating the code, but some
     bits made me wonder.

Thanks
--
Rob Browning