opening attachment

Jameson Rollins jrollins at finestructure.net
Wed Oct 6 07:09:14 PDT 2010

On Wed, 06 Oct 2010 08:47:18 +0200, Michal Sojka <sojkam1 at fel.cvut.cz> wrote:
> I do not know the details of attachment handling, but it seems to me
> that what happens with the attachment depends on the sender. If the .doc
> document is attached as application/octet-stream, then it is saved to
> disk. If it is attached as application/msword, then it is open in
> openoffice (in my case).
>
> It would be nice if a user could override this, but I do not know how to
> do it. Perhaps some elisp guru can tell us.

It seems like the easiest thing would be to have notmuch just prompt the
user for what they would like to do with the attachment.  I think
something like firefox/iceweasel does where it prompts you if you want
to save the document, or open it with some program, where you can
specify which program to use.

jamie.