Slow saved searches

Michal Sojka sojkam1 at fel.cvut.cz
Wed Jun 16 09:26:21 PDT 2010

Hi,

I've just migrated from initial tagging of my emails by mailing list
name to saved searches. I ended up with 45 saved searches and it seems
that notmuch-hello needs significantly more time to display the hello
screen than when I used tags. I guess that it is because notmuch count
is called two times for every saved search whereas for tags it is called
only once. The first call is done when checking for empty saved searches
and the second when we want to display the count.

I'd like to remove this inefficiency myself, but my elisp knowledge is
too bad for doing this. Could somebody else attempt to do it?

Thanks
Michal