rfc: improved MIME handling (multipart)

David Edmondson dme at dme.org
Mon May 10 03:33:03 PDT 2010

A (third) attempt at improved MIME handling, specifically for multipart,
is at:
   http://github.com/dme/notmuch/tree/mp3
   git://github.com/dme/notmuch.git (branch 'mp3')

I wouldn't describe this as finished, but it's usable for my own
day-to-day work, so I'd like to see if some others could try it out and
provide feedback. Particularly interesting would be to know about
messages where it behaves badly.

The JSON format output from `notmuch show' is where most of the change
is apparent. The text output should be similar to before, with the only
change being to output a header{} block for in-lined message/rfc822
parts. This could be easily removed if it breaks something (the vim
plugin?).

This doesn't yet have the changes necessary to support multipart/related
text/html parts with associated graphics or useful multipart/signed
(there's no checking of signatures, etc.). Those should be `a simple
matter' of writing some more emacs lisp. If someone else wants to have a
go at that I'd be thrilled.

dme.
--
David Edmondson, http://dme.org