Final call for testing of notmuch 0.3.1

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Apr 27 10:36:44 PDT 2010

We noticed a couple of bugs in the notmuch 0.3 release, (including an
infinite loop), so there's a clear need for a 0.3.1 release sooner
rather than later.

Thanks already to everyone who tested, reported, and fixed bugs in
0.3. We've already got fixes in place for every bug that has been
identified.

And we've already had a couple of new features land as well.

I feel comfortable with what's in place in master now for the 0.3.1
release. But I'd like to wait for a couple of hours (at least) this time
to ensure nobody notices any last-minute bug that should be fixed.

So please test out the code in master, especially the new features
and bug fixes mentioned below, and let me know if you find anything that
should be fixed.

Thanks,

-Carl

PS. Here are the preliminary release notes I've put together for 0.3.1:

General bug fix
---------------
Fix an infinite loop in "notmuch reply"

  This bug could be triggered by replying to a message where the
  user's primary email address did not appear in the To: header and
  the user had not configured any secondary email addresses. The bug
  was a simple re-use of the same iterator variable in nested loops.

Emacs bug fixes
---------------
Fix calculations for line wrapping in the primary "notmuch" view.

Fix Fcc support to prompt to create a directory if the specified Fcc
directory does not exist.

New emacs features
------------------
Add a new, optional hook for detecting inline patches

  This hook is disabled by default but can be enabled with a checkbox
  under ""Notmuch Show Insert Text/Plain Hook" in the notmuch
  customize interface. It allows for inline patches to be detected and
  treated as if they were attachments, (with context-sensitive
  highlighting).

Automatically tag messages as "replied" when sending a reply

  This feature adds a "replied" tag by default, but can easily be
  customized to add or remove other tags as well. For example, a user
  might use a tag of "needs-reply" and can configure this feature to
  automatically remove that tag when replying. See "Notmuch Message
  Mark Replied" in the notmuch customize interface.

carl.d.worth at intel.com