bug tracking

David Bremner bremner at unb.ca
Thu Apr 22 10:37:26 PDT 2010

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 11:47:13 -0400, Jameson Rollins <jrollins at finestructure.net> wrote:
> I now think it is essential that we put together a bug tracker for
> notmuch.  Things are moving pretty quickly now, which is great, but as
> the UI is frequently changing, I'm stumbling upon lots of little bugs.
> As I don't have the time to stop what I'm doing and figure out patches
> for them all, we really need some way to report and track issues.  I
> really think this is essential moving forward.
>
> I have used things like trac and redmine in the past and they work quite
> well.  I don't have any other useful suggestions.  One of the newfangled
> git-based distributed bug trackers could be cool, but I've never used
> one, or gotten any feedback from anyone who has.

It was thinking along these lines that got me to make the following list

 http://www.cs.unb.ca/~bremner/blog/posts/git-issue-trackers/

If people think the general concept of a distributed bug tracker is
worthwhile, I'm willing to investigate a more.  Feel free to cc

 bremner-comment-blog~posts~git-issue-trackers at pivot.cs.unb.ca

If you have comments about distributed bug trackers; this
semi-automatically gets added to the comments page.

So far, a few Debian people have endorsed "simple defects".