pull request

David Edmondson dme at dme.org
Thu Apr 22 05:30:34 PDT 2010

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 04:58:16 -0400, Servilio Afre Puentes <servilio at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 21 April 2010 17:03, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> > On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 09:27:39 +0100, David Edmondson <dme at dme.org> wrote:
> [...]
> > Meanwhile, another issue with the result of this series is that I now
> > seem to get rendering for both the text/plain and the text/html
> > alternatives when a message has both. For now, the paragraphs are
> > wrapped much more nicely in the rendering of the html portion, but links
> > are apparently entirely missing. The link URLs at least appear in the
> > text/plain rendering, (which is pretty ugly, but at least not impossible
> > to use).
> >
> > If we could get one version or the other working completely, then it
> > would be nice to display only one.
>
> I think that a better approach here would be to list them as parts if
> they are present, then have a [configurable] way to show only one by
> default, and the other would be available to show in-line.

Showing only one (with a variable allowing you to express preference) is
my intention. Any non-shown parts will appear as attachments - you can
save them using the button (and perhaps later view them).

This can make quite a big difference in a 200 message thread with lots
of 'text/plain or text/html ?' choices - using the text/plain part will
improve the performance of building the show buffer significantly.

> What I miss in this view sometimes is the possibility of being able to
> see the structure of the thread. A way to toggle the expanded state of
> the messages originally expanded when I first opened the view would do
> this very nicely.

Ah, so you want a "go back to how it was initially" command?

dme.
--
David Edmondson, http://dme.org