pull request

Servilio Afre Puentes servilio at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 01:58:16 PDT 2010

On 21 April 2010 17:03, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 09:27:39 +0100, David Edmondson <dme at dme.org> wrote:
[...]
> Meanwhile, another issue with the result of this series is that I now
> seem to get rendering for both the text/plain and the text/html
> alternatives when a message has both. For now, the paragraphs are
> wrapped much more nicely in the rendering of the html portion, but links
> are apparently entirely missing. The link URLs at least appear in the
> text/plain rendering, (which is pretty ugly, but at least not impossible
> to use).
>
> If we could get one version or the other working completely, then it
> would be nice to display only one.

I think that a better approach here would be to list them as parts if
they are present, then have a [configurable] way to show only one by
default, and the other would be available to show in-line.

[...]
>> commit e9d737feb5a49fd59e1f27bccd24cac2fd1ef749
>>
>>     emacs/notmuch-show.el: Add `notmuch-show-toggle-all' bound to M-RET
>>
>>     `notmuch-show-toggle-all' changes the visibility all of the messages
>>     in the current thread. By default it makes all of the messages not
>>     visible. With a prefix argument, it makes them all visible.
>
> I didn't push this one yet.
>
> The feature is *almost* what I want. It's just that I often want to open
> all messages in a thread, (and I've never found myself wanting to close
> all messages). So I'd like to switch which behavior requires the prefix
> argument here.

What I miss in this view sometimes is the possibility of being able to
see the structure of the thread. A way to toggle the expanded state of
the messages originally expanded when I first opened the view would do
this very nicely.

[...]
> [Aside: We could improve our help screen by making RET on any line then
> bring up the full help message for that function.]

+1

>> commit b3be927b54956a7258f203159e0bdb954e686c80
>>
>>     emacs: Support for customizing search result display
>
> Finally, this is pushed. It's a quite lovely feature that's quite easy
> to take advantage of from "M-x customize-group" "notmuch".
>
> Anyone, if you haven't tried that mode yet for customizing notmuch, you
> should give it a try. (And we should add some hint somewhere to make it
> easier to find. Perhaps a keybinding to get to the customization
> buffer.)

The help screen is a very good place to place a link to the
customization screen.

Servilio