pull request

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Apr 21 12:15:48 PDT 2010

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 13:39:50 +0100, David Edmondson <dme at dme.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 09:25:36 -0700, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> > I'm currently working on the make-emacs-use-JSON patch, (it's got some
> > confusion about "body visible" vs. "message visible" that I want to
> > fix before pushing).
>
> Could you describe the confusion?

Sure. Hiding a message with 'b' is visually identical to hiding it with
RET. Except that the internal mechanism is distinct, so that afterwards
one can't make it visible again with RET.

I think we just need to drop 'b'---it's really not needed as a separate
keybinding now that RET works on any part of a message. And after that,
there's some simplification to be made in the code.[*]

I'll have some patches pushed for this soon, (on top of the switch to
JSON for the emacs code).

-Carl

[*] Even more simplification is possible if we stop trying to hide
header components. Several people have requested that To and Cc be
visible all the time.