pull request

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Apr 20 09:25:36 PDT 2010

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 06:27:02 +0100, David Edmondson <dme at dme.org> wrote:
> The second chunk was intended to cover a similar case (len == 0), but
> becomes unnecessary after the first chunk. At least, that's what I
> convinced myself after the conversation with Anthony Towns
> (id:h2y87b3a4191004060117v5421db8ejbe3030d0626e7440 at mail.gmail.com).

Thanks for the clarification.

And I really appreciated seeing a reference to the original discussion
that led to this patch. You'll notice there that Anthony's proposed
commit had the same patch content that you had in your tree, but with a
more detailed commit message, ("and always return a newly talloced
array").

That was exactly the kind of explanation I was looking for but couldn't
find in the commit I first reviewed. It wasn't really a question of
whether the code was correct. The problem was that there was a code
change that wasn't described in the commit message. I don't want that
even if the change is correct.

Anyway, thanks AJ and David.

I've now pushed my version of these changes up through this point. I'm
currently working on the make-emacs-use-JSON patch, (it's got some
confusion about "body visible" vs. "message visible" that I want to fix
before pushing).

-Carl