pull request

David Edmondson dme at dme.org
Mon Apr 19 22:27:02 PDT 2010

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 11:07:40 -0700, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> >  commit 8586a86b9dd4ed2406a2fbda6c08bdc6a598cfd8
> >     debian: git should ignore packaging intermediate files
>
> I committed an alternate version of this, (with a new debian/.gitignore
> file). I used more wildcarding too. And I couldn't actually find how to
> make all these files appear. If you need more ignores, just let me know
> (and let me know what commands trigger those, since I'm curious).

>From memory I ran 'debuild'.

> > commit 53c4e64943d09b07e75c9258fc9f954c87a490d6
> >     json: Avoid calling strlen(NULL)
>
> That commit message describes this hunk of the patch:
>
> > +    if (str == NULL)
> > +       str = "";
> > +
> >     return (json_quote_chararray (ctx, str, strlen (str)));
>
> But this other hunk looks independent. What's going on here?
>
> > -    if (len == 0)
> > -       return (char *)"\"\"";
> > -
>
> So I haven't committed this piece yet.

The second chunk was intended to cover a similar case (len == 0), but
becomes unnecessary after the first chunk. At least, that's what I
convinced myself after the conversation with Anthony Towns
(id:h2y87b3a4191004060117v5421db8ejbe3030d0626e7440 at mail.gmail.com).

dme.
--
David Edmondson, http://dme.org