The archive operation should only archive open messages

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Apr 15 18:51:32 PDT 2010

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 14:07:37 -0700, Dirk Hohndel <hohndel at infradead.org> wrote:
> I am always confused about the behavior of 'a' - does it archive the
> current message? Or the current thread? Or the current thread down to
> where I am? Or (as you propose) just the open messages?
>
> I think we really need to spend some time to crsiply define the
> semantics of these commands.

I think the semantics have always been specified well, and
documented. Have you hit the '?' key to get a brief description of all
of the key bindings? Then you can also run `describe-key' ("C-h k" by
default) and then press a key to get even more thorough documentation.

If anything is not crisp enough there, please let me know and we'll fix
it right away.

I do agree that it's important for us to discuss what the ideal set of
operations is, and I don't claim that we have anything close to that in
the current implementation.

So that's why we're here talking I think. :-)

-Carl