Plans for the 0.2 release (this week)

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Apr 13 10:20:44 PDT 2010

On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 15:12:44 -0700, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> For the upcoming 0.2 release, here are some things that I would like to
> have in place:
>
>   * Any further changes from the Sebastian's repository. Sebastian, I
>     worked through one list I saw recently. Do you have another list to
>     propose yet?

Sebastian sent a list of these, and they are merged now.

>   * The big batch of emacs-client improvements from David E.'s
>     repository. David, do you have particular things to recommend
>     here?

David has no followed up with a rebase of his entire branch. It looks
*very* nice still but won't be in 0.2. I plan to land this early and
make it the focus of the 0.3 release.

>   * Changes to indexing, (addition of body:, folder:, list:, etc.). This
>     is stuff that I'll work on.

I haven't gotten to this yet. It's a big change, (in that it requires
everyone to rebuild their database). So this will need some careful
testing. And I'd like to get as many changes in at once so we won't all
have to rebuild are databases in the following release. This stuff will
be the focus of the 0.4 release.

>   * Some library additions (move_to_first for the iterators, and perhaps
>     a notmuch_database_add_message_with_data which Srinivasa requested
>     to support integration of notmuch into evolution). I'll work on
>     these as well, (I know that there are patches for some of these on
>     the list already).

I'll take a look at the existing patches for the iterators. That's still
0.2 material. The add_message_with_data feature will come later.

>   * Anything else that people want, (especially things that already
>     exist and that you're already using).

Thanks for several suggestions in reply to this message. I think they
are all merged now. Let me know if I missed anything.

-Carl