Plans for the 0.2 release (this week)

Dirk Hohndel hohndel at infradead.org
Sat Apr 10 07:41:36 PDT 2010

On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 15:52:04 +0200, "Sebastian Spaeth" <Sebastian at SSpaeth.de> wrote:
> On 2010-04-10, Carl n∅tmuch 䚳 Worth wrote:
> > Are you all trying to show a problem here? All of the above comes
> > through fine. Perhaps it's only with non-ASCII in the From line being
> > replied to? Let's test that here...
>
> I think there are 2 issues being discussed here. One is the encoding in
> the subject line (which does not look pretty in compose mail, but seems
> to be the standard). I did not refer to that.

That's the issue I refer to. Yes, it needs to be decoded for the actual
mail transport. But it should be displayed correctly not only in the
summary view but also in the message buffer when responding to an email.

> What I referred to was the json output as the encode_as_json_string (or
> however it is called), simply drops chars >127, leading to missing
> letters in e.g. the author names etc. I could see that in the web
> frontends that are making use of json already, and once (if?) emacs uses
> the json output too, this will become an issue there too.

Separate issue that almost certainly has a different cause.

/D

--
Dirk Hohndel
Intel Open Source Technology Center