Plans for the 0.2 release (this week)

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Apr 13 09:02:52 PDT 2010

On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 09:47:00 +0200, "Sebastian Spaeth" <Sebastian at SSpaeth.de> wrote:
> First of all, thanks for the great work Carl. I have to admit I was
> getting nervous about the backlog of patches, but your recent committing
> binge (you did say your work patterns are bursty :-)) made me very happy.

You're quite welcome. And the big backlog was making me nervous too.

I'm not sure that the backlog has gotten any smaller yet, but I'm really
happy with where things are going. I seem to have created a code hydra,
where every time I merge one patch, people get excited to and send me
three more patches.

> That having said, I am glad to meet your expectation: "I expect people
>  to remind me of their favorite features that haven't been merged..."
>  :-)

Thanks for the very useful list, Sebastian. These are all merged now,
(as mentioned in the replies I've made to the original messages with the
patches).

> >   * Some library additions (move_to_first for the iterators,
> +1!

That one I've got noted on a separate list.

> All the rest souds very good.

I really do need a thread-splitting feature in order to use notmuch as
my feature tracker. A list like the above of "6 trivial patches to
merge" is easy to handle as a single item. I can send a message like
this one saying "I'm done with this list".

But several different people did reply to my original "plans for 0.2"
call for features. So the single thread I have for this in my "notmuch
merge window" search is not doing the trick.

-Carl