[notmuch] Notmuch command interface

Ben Gamari bgamari.foss at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 07:25:47 PST 2010

Hey all,

While the notmuch command-line interface is fantastic, there defintely are a few
gaps which hurt performance. Since I've been following, I've seen several
threads on how to handle message addition and initial tagging[1][2]. I recall
that some time ago Carl had the idea of applying only a 'new' tag during notmuch
new. I strongly supported this proposal yet it seems that nothing ever became of
it. Is there a reason for this? Would a patch be accepted?

Secondly, there was at one point talk of allowing notmuch new to be called with
an explicit list of messages to be added. Is there support for such an idea? It
seems like this might help mail fetching performance, if only slightly.

Thanks!

- Ben

[1] p87hbp5j9dv.fsf at hackervisions.or
[2] 20100114084713.GA22273 at harikalardiyar