[notmuch] Debian package

Xavier Maillard xma at gnu.org
Sat Mar 6 22:19:05 PST 2010

Hi,

On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 09:46:34 +0100, sojkam1 at fel.cvut.cz wrote:
> Cituji Xavier Maillard <xma at gnu.org>:
> > That's a good start but it does not work out of the box for
> > me. What is the integration/all branch ? Do I need something
> > special in order to use your script ?
>
> Hi,
>
> I use the script in the following way. I have a branch mydebian, which
> is the debian branch with this script and a file called
> wsh-topic-branches added. wsh-topic-branches contains one branch name
> per line and to start, it is sufficient to have there only "master".
> To build the package, I checkout the mydebian branch I run the script.
> It merges all the branches I want to use (the result is called
> integration/all) and builds the package from the result of the merge.
>
> If you only want to use master branch, it is probably easier to do
> something like:
>
> git checkout debian
> git merge master
> git-dch ...
> git-buildpackage ...
>
> Instead of ... write the parameters from the script and replace
> "integration/all" by "debian".
>
> I write this email from a comuter where I don't have notmuch sources,
> so I cannot test the above. It is possible it will be necessary to
> tweak some parameters of git-*.

There are probably things to tweak but there is also something
not working for me. Apparentely, you have a special file named
'version' in which you store a version string and its sha1 as
taken from the rev HEAD. I do not have one and thus, I can't find
this file in my checkouts.

Also, while at it, could you send your wsh-topic-branches file
and the relevant git repositories ?

Regards,

Xavier