[notmuch] Initial tagging

James Vasile james at hackervisions.org
Sat Feb 27 03:34:07 PST 2010

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 23:03:34 -0500, James Vasile <james at hackervisions.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 20:33:08 -0500, micah anderson <micah at riseup.net> wrote:
> >
> > Hey james,
> >
> > i really like your notmuch-retry bits, I've taken that shell script and
> > integrated it into my tagging script, thanks! I'm curious if you are
> > going to update your patch for notmuch.el ("Calls to notmuch get queued
> > and executed asynchronously") to use this, or if you are going to have
> > those two continue to be separate ways of retrying?
>
> Ah, I updated my local version and am putting it through its paces, but
> it's already so much better that I should just send in the revised
> patch.  I'll clean it up and do that tomorrow.

Insomnia: when it comes to sleep, my loss is your gain.

I opened a github account and the updated bits are in the retry branch
at git at github.com:jvasile/notmuch.git

Carl, if you want the retry functionality, feel free to pull from there
or request I post those patches to this list.

Note that the retry branch depends on notmuch-retry being in your path,
but 'make install' does not know about notmuch-retry.

Next step for this branch is to have all errors go to *Notmuch errors*
rather than error buffers named for the tag commands.