[notmuch] Initial tagging

James Vasile james at hackervisions.org
Fri Feb 26 20:03:34 PST 2010

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 20:33:08 -0500, micah anderson <micah at riseup.net> wrote:

> Hey james,
>
> i really like your notmuch-retry bits, I've taken that shell script and
> integrated it into my tagging script, thanks! I'm curious if you are
> going to update your patch for notmuch.el ("Calls to notmuch get queued
> and executed asynchronously") to use this, or if you are going to have
> those two continue to be separate ways of retrying?

Ah, I updated my local version and am putting it through its paces, but
it's already so much better that I should just send in the revised
patch.  I'll clean it up and do that tomorrow.

> Why do you tag new mail with tags, rather than construct folder searches
> to create views?

I do a lot of on-the-fly searching and don't want to have to remember
notmuch's email address.  I suppose I could go to my notmuch folder and
then filter from there, but right now I'm much more likely to do M-x
notmuch-search/tag:notmuch and micah.