[notmuch] A functional (but rudimentary) test suite for notmuch

Oliver Charles oliver.g.charles at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 6 07:27:04 PST 2010

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 11:29 PM, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> Looking at TAP, one thing I don't like is that it prints the
> success/failure of the test first, before the description of the
> test. That's not so nice in the case of a long-running (perhaps
> infinitely running) test where you might need to interrupt it, but you'd
> still want to know *what* was running for so long.

Ah, the way this works for Test::Harness in Perl is that while a test
suite is running the output is of the form:

t/edit_artist_add_alias.t .............. 1/?

And then when it completes it will change to:

t/edit_artist_add_alias.t .............. OK

So you can see stuff that's failing to terminate (as I just found
while running my test suites ;))

--
    Oliver Charles / aCiD2