[notmuch] New wiki instance on the notmuchmail.org website

micah anderson micah at riseup.net
Wed Feb 3 05:23:18 PST 2010

On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 23:44:56 -0800, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> So Keith tells me he's entirely unimpressed with my website-design
> skills as evidenced by http://notmuchmail.org .
>
> In an effort to fix this, I've switched from the single, static HTML
> page that was there previously, to now using ikiwiki to generate a
> remarkably similar-looking, single, static web page.

Your design skills are remarkable at reproducing the same website!

> The benefit is that there's now a git repository for the website, (with
> source in markdown format), and more importantly, the git repository
> will accept a "git push" without any authentication necessary.

This is really cool, thanks for doing this and making it open like this!

I don't know ikiwiki that well, but I imagine there is a way (probably
via a git post-commit hook) to email changes that have been pushed. This
might be a good way to keep up with what people are changing on the
site, although sending it to this list might be too much, perhaps
another mailing list for those gluttons who would like to see this?

micah