[notmuch] Hi, I'm Mark, and I'm addicted to effective mail handling

Mark Anderson markr.anderson at amd.com
Thu Dec 3 13:17:44 PST 2009

I've been a good friend of Carl's since college, and was following his interest in 'sup'.

I have transitioned to 'sup', and I'm ready to move on.

I just want a text email system that looks a lot like GMail, but isn't owned elsewhere. I want to be able to control the data.

I just recenty found a card game version of the old RPG Paranoia, I suppose I may have caught something from Friend Computer. (... No, Friend Computer, that's not treason, I'm trying to understand the Traitors so that I can capture or eliminate them. ) :)

The main issue I've had with getting notmuch working is that I've been using difficult distros.

Cygwin is one, although there must be some way to get it working properly. I'll be playing glib hokey-pokey if I can figure it out.

I also have an Ubuntu machine at home, but it is sitting on an LTS release so that I don't have to mess with my MythTV setup regularly, this makes some packages more difficult to find.

Anyway, more power to the mailer!!

-Mark