[notmuch] Snippet to jump to message in Gnus from notmuch-show buffer

Adam Sjøgren asjo at koldfront.dk
Sat Nov 28 06:55:39 PST 2009

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 23:10:30 +0100, Tassilo wrote:

>> Unable to open server nntp+news, go offline? (y or n)

> Hm, I can reproduce that with "emacs -Q".  Looks wrong to me, probably a
> bug...  Normally, an unconfigured Gnus should start having one nndoc
> server providing some groups with static Gnus infos (FAQ and stuff).

I don't think that is a bug, Gnus defaults to connecting to a
news-server (more info in "Finding the News" in the manual¹.)

I think the minimal way to configure Gnus to start up without contacting
a news-server is:

  (setq gnus-select-method '(nnnil ""))

  Best regards,

    Adam

¹ http://gnus.org/manual/gnus_2.html

--
 "I'll dye without my hair!"                                  Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo at koldfront.dk