[notmuch] A gtk interface

Baruch Even baruch at ev-en.org
Thu Nov 26 13:40:42 PST 2009

Carl Worth wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 21:17:33 +0200, Baruch Even <baruch at ev-en.org> wrote:
>> I've started to work on a Gtk+ interface to notmuch which uses the
>> notmuch command line. Currently it is able to search threads and retag
>> them. Next on the agenda is the ability to actually read the threads.
>>
>> If someone is interested, the code lives in
>> http://github.com/baruch/notmuch-gtk and can be checked out from
>> git://github.com/baruch/notmuch-gtk.git
>
> Very interesting, Baruch!
>
> Thanks for contributing this!
>
> I thought at first that the tagging commands weren't working, but
> quickly realized they were working but simply weren't updating the view
> to show the added/removed tags.

Yes. The UI has a lot of rough edges, the search needs to be cancelable,
it needs to indicate that it's in progress and I also need to implement
some logic to update the threads that were retagged. But I'm more
interested in fleshing out the rest of the app to make it somewhat
useful to me so I can start to really make use of it.

> PS. I prefer a default search of "tag:inbox" rather than "tag:inbox and
> tag:unread". Otherwise, there's not much reason for "notmuch new" to add
> both tags.

It was like that initially, I didn't even have a good reason to change
it as I didn't have the ability to change tags. I'll probably change it
back.

Baruch