[notmuch] Notmuch doesn't index new mails when mail location contains symlinks

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Thu Nov 26 13:22:24 PST 2009

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 13:14:22 -0800, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:

> Then I'm still being really dense here. The non-propagation of mtime is
> the with actual directories. And the code is trying to do the right
> thing for that.

The stat() is correct, it's the check for the d_type field coming out of scandir().

20:08 [   jedbrown  ] cworth: I think there are two problems with symlinks.
20:08 [   jedbrown  ] cworth: First, notmuch-new.c:152 checks path_mtime which is mtime for the current directory.
20:09 [   jedbrown  ] cworth: Additionally, won't entry->d_type == DT_LNK for a symlink?
20:14 [     aneesh  ] jedbrown,  i already have a patch posted for that
20:15 [     aneesh  ] 1259125104-18785-1-git-send-email-aneesh.kumar at linux.vnet.ibm.com

Jed