[notmuch] lots of emacs mode enhancements

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Sun Nov 22 15:53:39 PST 2009

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 00:11:22 +0100, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 00:26:33 -0800, Alexander Botero-Lowry <alex.boterolowry at gmail.com> wrote:
> I really like the bold headers. And I can tell that the buttonization is
> going to be very nice. But I can't actually get it to work completely. I
> first clicked[*] on a signature to make it visible, which worked
> find. But then clicking on it again I got "buffer is read-only" and it
> wouldn't hide. At that point I couldn't get any of the other buttons to
> make things visible either.

This was simply a re-display bug which Alexander fixed. And he also
changed the buttons from button-2 to button-1.

I really like the final result, so it's pushed now.

Citations and signatures can now be expanded locally!

It is slightly harder to do this with the keyboard now. You have to
actually position point right on the button. This is just a temporary
thing, as I want to add a TAB binding to move point to the next button.

So keyboard-lovers, don't worry, notmuch (at least the emacs interface)
will always be very friendly for keyboard use (excepting temporary
lapses like this current one).

-Carl