[notmuch] Guide for new users?

Jjgod Jiang gzjjgod at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 20:44:17 PST 2009

Hi,

I think it will be nice if we can have a guide/tutorial like
documentation for new users. For myself, I have the following
questions (I am an alpine user previously, so some of the
questions are not related to notmuch directly):

1. What's the most efficient way to sync mails from my gmail
account to a local Maildir? I've tried offlineimap but it
keeps crashing python (!) on my system (python 2.6, Mac OS X
10.6.2).

2. How to add notmuch.el into my .emacsrc?

I know notmuch feels like a tool for geeks, but it will probably
lower the barrier if someone can provide such a guide in a
straightforward, step-by-step way.

- Jiang