[notmuch] Asynchronous tagging

Jan Janak jan at ryngle.com
Sat Nov 21 13:15:02 PST 2009

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 10:04 PM, Jed Brown <jed at 59a2.org> wrote:
>>  3) Message flags are updated on the IMAP server (for example when you
>> mark a message as read in gmail). Offlineimap keeps message flags
>> synchronized.  If you mark a local message as read then the change is
>> propagated to the IMAP server and vice versa.
>
> Do you know if Offlineimap (or some similar tool) can be told not to
> bother keeping flags synchronized?

Try using the cmdline option -q, from offlineimap's help:

-q  Run  only quick synchronizations.   Ignore any flag updates on IMAP servers.

This kinda works, but even with this option I am still seeing missing
files if I work with my inbox in gmail. AFAIK there is currently no
easy way to prevent that.

  -- Jan