[notmuch] Segfault with weird Message-ID
mh+notmuch at glandium.org
Fri Nov 20 13:05:56 PST 2009
On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 09:53:37PM +0100, Carl Worth wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 14:26:25 +0100, Mike Hommey <mh+notmuch at glandium.org> wrote:
> > - for some reason, xapian doesn't want to add the document corresponding
> > to this old spam message: notmuch->xapian_db->add_document throws an
> > exception.
> I think things had just gone wrong long before then.
I *did* see it throwing an exception from there. The sad thing is that I
can't reproduce the problem anymore :-/
> > I can provide the spam if necessary, or can continue debugging the issue
> > with some guidance.
> Thanks for providing it. It turns out that the giant Message-Id value
> wasn't causing the problem. Instead the message was corrupt by having a
> stray new line at the third line. (So GMime is seeing only the first two
> lines of headers). We *used* to have working code to detect this kind of
> file as "not an email" but again, this broke when we changed
> notmuch_message_get_header to return "" instead of NULL for missing
Interestingly, when I first traced on what message the crash was
happening, I did see notmuch having the message-id in the message_id
FWIW, that was using c05c3f1.
I'll see if I can reproduce my segfault again when starting from scratch
again, and will also give a try to your patches.
More information about the notmuch