[notmuch] notmuch new: Memory problem

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Nov 20 12:56:32 PST 2009

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 09:56:50 +0100, Dominik Epple <dominik.epple at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Is there a problem with the number of my mails? I currently have over
> 40.000 Mails... they live currently in mbox files, I created a Maildir
> with mb2md-3.20.pl.

I'm suspecting that you have some big files in there, (such as indexes
from some other mail program). We had code in notmuch to detect and
ignore these, but a recent bug had broken that.

I just fixed this code as of the below commit. So please update and try
again and let us know if things work any better.

Thanks for your patience!

-Carl

commit 3ae12b1e286d1c0041a2e3957cb01daa2981dad9
Author: Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org>
Date:   Fri Nov 20 21:46:37 2009 +0100

    add_message: Re-fix handling of non-mail files.

    More fallout from _get_header now returning "" for missing headers.

    The bug here is that we would no longer detect that a file is not an
    email message and give up on it like we should.

    And this time, I actually audited all callers to
    notmuch_message_get_header, so hopefully we're done fixing this
    bug over and over.