python/notmuch2 on PyPI

Floris Bruynooghe flub at devork.be
Mon Jun 22 14:39:27 PDT 2020

On Fri 19 Jun 2020 at 09:30 -0300, David Bremner wrote:
> Patrick Totzke <patricktotzke at gmail.com> writes:
>> Just to clarify: alot does not, and will not, depend on packages being on PyPI

Ah, my bad.  I got some github threads mixed up and assumed this had to
do with alot.

> Notmuch as a project does not currently distribute any binary packages,
> whether for linux distros or for PyPi, or fancy new things like flatpaks
> or snaps.

Also fair enough, I think that's a very reasonable stance to take.

I was really hoping to hear from Thore on their motivation and how they
envision this to ideally work.  I'm curious how much work the syncing is
and how to keep it up to date etc.

Cheers,
Floris