doc build warnings when building out-of-tree

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Sun May 31 05:26:44 PDT 2020

David Bremner <david at tethera.net> writes:

> Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg at fifthhorseman.net> writes:
>
> I can't duplicate these errors with sphinx-doc 2.4.3-3 on Debian.
>
> Are the rsti files actually being built before calling sphinx-build?

OK, I understand now. The case I thought was working was actually using
the rsti files from a previous in-tree build.

I think the quick and dirty fix is to add '-W' to the sphinx-build
line. I'll see if I can find a better fix. It looks like the issue is
using relative paths in the rst. In the out of tree build those are
still resolving relative to the source file (reasonably enough). Maybe
we can use the environment variable NOTMUCH_BUILDDIR in the config
file.